Onebadcad
Barn Stall Owner #116
Doesn't have a big thing
Activity: 99.8%

Thanked 9,164 Times in 4,589 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Why couldn't they have handled it like that, in store, right upon your first visit? Not only did their shitty customer service inconvenience you and waste a lot of your time, it also wasted a lot of THEIR time, too.

I have T-Mobile, and had a problem with my old phone, out of warranty, no insurance. It just wouldn't charge. Took it to a company store (not a franchise licensee), and they worked on it for a while, maybe an hour on the bench, declared that the phone was indeed FUBAR, then spent maybe another half hour or maybe 45 minutes recovering my data from the old android phone and getting it on a new phone that I paid out of pocket for in store.

So, it was quite an ordeal, but when I left the store, it was over.

I did, however, waste a trip to a franchise store, which I already knew was going to be unproductive. The franchise stores want to sell you a phone, period....no repair, no service, no help. A while back, somehow I accidentally switched my keyboard over to Mandarin Chinese characters. Took it to the franchise store and..... after about 10 minutes of the employees huddling over my phone, "well, we can't fix that, but we can sell you a new phone."

As I recall, it was a member here that helped me fix that, simple instructions that even I could understand. Franchise employees (I mean, literally all of them at the store): "It's dead, Jim. You need a new phone."
The store would not accept the phone due to it would not power up.
The phone is under warranty, even though 4+ years old.
Our corporate POS account rep would not call me back.
Finally, someone in customer service listened to me.
They agreed a phone under warranty that is broken should not have to be powered to be eligible for an upgrade.
On my store visits I explained the above, they would not listen to simple objectivity.

TM sucks ass, as does art, who was my previous for over 15 years.
Onebadcad is offline   Reply With Quote