View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 10:08pm   #6
Dynomite
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $510
Default New Style SW chrome rectangular Outlets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike100 View Post
Been back and forth with a few different pipe combos- but the long story made short is that the 3" all the way back with the SW 3" X-Pipe makes great top end with plenty mid range torque using LS7 cats from a C6 Z06. It is faster than the stock mufflers on 2.7" pipe without cats. It's Freaking Loud, but then running stock muffs catless on longtube headers was a bit obnoxious too. There is drone, I will probably go to turbo mufflers again when I get some more money to spend. Additionally, I really like running catalysts again. Birds don't fall out of trees when you drive by, you don't get dirty looks from the beach hippy in a Prius, and it quiets things down and quells those decel backfires quite a bit. Lastly, I priced various aftermarket bullet cats with a 3" slip connect, but how can you beat factory Cats from a 505 hp car? You can tell it is running clean, the pipes aren't even blacked up yet and there is no odor at all. OEM parts FTW.

Great photos and nice writeup mike.

I really like the new style SW chrome rectangular pipes. I have those on my 90'z and the older style dual circular chrome pipes on my 91' Z.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote