Barn Stall Owner #55
Island14 Cardio Team
Activity: 24.8%

Location: A sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory
Thanked 9,234 Times in 4,393 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23236

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin View Post
My GI says Nope. He doesn't trust mRNA's impact on an already out of control immune system. We've been fighting to get out of a flare for two years and he doesn't want any more variables. He also said he hasn't seen any studies on people who are taking biologic drugs (due to the mRNA issue).

I'm having surgery Monday morning and again on the 27th. With a gig in-between....got a test - negative.

I don't get flu vaccines in general. This particular virus is inflammatory in it's action. I've been on anti-imflamatory* biologic medication for 17 years.

There are some early studies suggesting that people on these drugs get very mild symptoms or no symptoms. The drug keeps the Chinese Sniffles from getting a foothold.

*The drug(s) I'm on are immunomodulators and TNF blockers. Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) is a protein that starts the inflammatory process - no matter where it is. Joints, eyes, guts, big toe - everywhere.

While they are uncertain of the pharmacological action, the biologics (ending with "mab") drugs block TNF from binding to the cells - killing inflammation at its start.

Also used for Rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, ulcerative colitis and other rheumatoid diseases.

NOW YOU KNOW
Like I said, I just wanted to know how it was working with you. I went through immunotherapy for cancer and really struggled with getting the jab, or taking my chances. I chose the former, and so far, I'm not dead.

Thanks for sharing your experience, as we all should be learning something from this shit at this point. Sadly, I'm not confident we are as a population doing so.

Please stay well!
ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZipZap For This Useful Post: