View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 9:19am   #7
84TwinTurbo
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $525

Good to see u making progress with the build! Sorry for not providing any info on my car yet but have been travelling a lot for work lately. First question I have is why you selected the Hammerhead instead of the Dana 44. Are you drag racing the car? If so, I would advise some kind of a pinion snubber to prevent the diff from rotating upward on hard launches. I took the flexible C-beam out of the equation - installed a cross member for the trans and a cross member for the diff. I have a full roll cage and last mod I need to do is tie-ing the center of the diff cross member to the roll cage to make it even stiffer. These mods are a lot of work all together but depends on how you plan to use your car - if you really need them.
Also, now you're at it - are you really going to use the stock aluminum half shafts?I have seen some nasty breakages even with low powered engines. Does not seem to match the bullet proof center section. Is the Hammerhead same width as the Dana, I mean will the stock length half shafts drop right in without changing the suspension geometry? Good luck and I will be checking the progress.
84TwinTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote