View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 5:41pm   #5
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Activity: 6.1%

Thanked 11,500 Times in 5,024 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1071547

I've said it more times than I can count. You're either American or not. I don't give a shit if you're black, brown, green. etc. The hyphenation is nothing more than a devisive term. Not every black person in this country that is American even has African roots, nor have most EVER lived there. It is a completely devisive term, just as Asian American. You're either American or not, and if you don't embrace what America has to offer, then maybe it's time to go back to where you think you came from and not come back. I've never heard one of my black or Asian friends say they are African and or Asian American.

One of the teachers at my wife's school was adopted by American parents as a baby, she has a Doctorate degree and a Georgia accent that would melt ice. Yes, she has full blooded Korean roots, but dammit, she will say, Hey Ya'll in an instant. If you want to separate yourself from other Americans, then by all means do so, but I have no use for it. If you want to live somewhere else, then go on. Otherwise the productiveness of this country will continue to decline. I don't want to hear excuses.
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 69camfrk For This Useful Post: