Old 04-10-2019, 3:21am   #8
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.1%

Thanked 11,561 Times in 5,701 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

I bought an odd antenna that looked like a figger 8, and just one cable into the living room TV, it worked fine, but FOX NEWS has no open air broadcast here in Jax....nothing I can get, anyway.....I live 1/2 way down the backside of a 60' hill, so that and the damn tall trees around here, makes me wonder, but I don't have a field strength meter to tell WTF is reality, much less note witch way to point the antenna.....since I live in the SW corner of Jax. I just aim it to the NE and hope for the best,......BUT

I have essentially given up on it, because for 10-15 bux/month, comcrap has a TV box for the LR set, it gets all the shows we never watch....it is amazing how much drivel is on the TV......if it's just ME home, the TV is off, turns on at 5 to catch the Gutfeld chat group on Fox news.....then at 6 we go local news, on NBC/ABC who ever does not have some stupid sports event coverage....so to catch their network coverage of the news, then at 7 it's back to FOX NEWS.....

in the back room I have recently subscribed to ROKU streaming, they carry some derivitive function of FOX, that I find has the news channel.....and recently before my forking over 6 bux/month they would say on the screen, 'provider issue' and stop the Fox News channel, they would let me watch a bunch of old movies and other ASSorted CRAP of no interest .....jerks.....

trick IS, everyone has to pay for internet access...a terrorbyte of data/month is allowed, essentially being one or two streaming devices left on all the time.....I found out a couple years ago that I was hitting the limits on that, so I did the box in L/R and kill the streaming with the TV in back bedroom...

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote