Old 01-23-2022, 6:07pm   #11
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,005 Times in 2,777 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
I all but tore my leg off in a motorcycle accident. Compound fracture with 6” of bone hanging out. I spent three months in the hospital and underwent multiple surgeries including removal of my calf muscle. At one point early on amputation was discussed but they brought in a surgeon from Mayo who had an idea which worked.

Two years later I purchased another motorcycle and have owned one since.
We’re you on the forum then? Seems like I remember that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodnok1 View Post
I had more stiches, skull fractures and various injuries before age 5 then 95% of people ever have.
Ever have 10 stiches in wrist with nothing to dull the pain? Too far out in country so Doc at his house did it. My sister in the car pissed herself I screamed so loud. Skull fracture dead center forehead, suprised I'd lived through it. My whole head turned black n blue. Only time my life i got to sleep in my parents bed.
Think we were having injury contests those years... I got used to sight of blood early and how not to panic, it's served me well as if you're injured I probably know enough to treat it and keep you alive.
We moved from the farm which probably saved more than one life.
Do you wear a helmet? Because you really should wear a helmet at all times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theandies View Post
When my brother and I were about 5 and 6 we played a game where we would hide a stuffed animal monkey in our room and the other had to find it. We called it "Hide the Monkey". LoL
Anyway we were playing one day and I hid it in the closet (which in the 60's had big, solid oak doors) and my brother eventually made his way into the closet. Thinking that I'd lost I slammed the door. My brother started screaming and I held the door closed as I thought he'd found the monkey. Come to find out his screams were because he had his fingers in the door jamb. I managed to cut the tip off his middle finger and mangle the one next to it. Luckily they saved the tip and managed to make his other finger look "normal" To this day he bitches about it.
So I didn't cut my fingers off, that would be stupid. I cut my brothers off.......smart.
Me and the neighbor girl played Hide the Monkey but it must have been a different game.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote