Old 05-18-2020, 3:51pm   #121
sasnglass77
Barn Raising III
Activity: 0%

Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,872 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $115270713

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeabody View Post
The embroidery project didn't really materialize and her machines were in the shop all last week for annual maintenance. The whole hospital PPE crisis thankfully never really materialized here, so there was never a mask shortage. Our county has had ten cases and two hospitalizations. The masks she and her friends have made were given to employees to wear outside of work and to employees with no patient contact like administrative people to wear at work.

Which is all good news to us. The masks she was making were never meant to anything but a "better than nothing" back-up if a crisis developed. She's back to her quilting projects for now and when we go grocery shopping during senior hours at the local supermarket she carries some masks in her purse and enjoys giving them out to elderly people who want and can't afford or find one.

When we went to pick up her machines at the sewing center/quilting store yesterday, as expected, we saw some nicely made and cool masks on the folks there.

She's given away some the tons of materials we accumulated through donations to people who continue to make masks for firemen, police, and other first responders.
I'm actually thinking about reaching out the schools here. As social distancing and masks will be a way of life for a bit. The kids can still show their school spirit Just kicking that idea around. I have to get off my butt and decide if it is feasible
sasnglass77 is offline   Reply With Quote