View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 3:26pm   #1
StaticCling
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,967 Times in 2,426 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46509956
Default Gambino Family Boss WHACKED last night...

Apparently this is the first time in 30 years a Mafia boss has been eliminated.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/14/neighb...ss-frank-cali/

Neighbors on Staten Island recalled on Thursday hearing the terrifying spray of gunfire that took down Gambino crime boss Francesco “Franky Boy” Cali.

The reputed mobster, 53, was shot dead just outside his Todt Hill mansion around 9:20 p.m. Wednesday — as his wife and young children were inside.

“About 9 last night, we were watching TV and we heard, ‘Pop! Pop! Pop!’ I thought it was fireworks,” said Fred Guinta, who lives directly behind Cali’s home in the quiet, upscale neighborhood. “My wife said, ‘Those are gunshots!’ It was six or eight shots.”

The gunman ran over the bleeding Cali — who was still alive — with his blue pickup truck before fleeing, sources said.

Another neighbor who didn’t want to be named also heard the shots.

“Then I looked out and saw a blue pickup zoom past my house and fly off the block,” he said. “I looked back and saw a guy and woman screaming. I ran back inside.”

Meanwhile, a nurse at Staten Island University Hospital North said he was working in the trauma unit when Cali came in, clinging to life.

“He came in alive, a level-one trauma case,” said the male nurse, who stopped by the scene of the murder Thursday morning. “Then he was listed as ‘code infusion,’ which means we were giving him massive infusions because of the extreme blood loss. He was pronounced just after.”
StaticCling is offline   Reply With Quote