Old 09-21-2022, 7:54am   #20
MikeB
Barn Stall Owner #115
Activity: 9.0%

Thanked 4,973 Times in 2,246 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $610854

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADRACR1 View Post
You know me. End game here is to drive it a little while and sell it. I can get it pretty reasonable. As long as I don't have to put more than 2k or so in I should still get a couple of grand profit.
I recently started work on a '76, manual, 76k miles, no air (or heat for that matter-heater core delete when engine replaced).
My observations so far:

Automatic's are quite reasonable in price vs manuals.~$3k min more around here for 4spds).
Harder to sell at higher prices ($8-15k prices for nice drivers. I see the a lot of the same cars still for sale since May this year).

I'm guessing you're looking at a dirt cheap price on this unit to realize your potential profit . You'll be surprised how quick you hit the $5-7K mark in parts and paint (not a trailer queen paint job) alone.
Sounds like major $$ issue in the drive line to me. I saw a Local Marketplace ad for a C3 rear diff. for sale in the $1.5k range.
I purchased a slightly used dual exhaust for $250.00. Spent $50.00 on brackets and such to mount it. Stuff ads up quickly.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeB For This Useful Post: