View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 10:40pm   #15
BADRACR1
Barn Stall Owner #5150
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 4.0%

Thanked 3,979 Times in 1,507 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2000032332

Knew somebody with a Mercury Turnpike Cruiser that had the power rear window.
Lots of cars had the cornering lamps. A couple of the 70's Caddies I had on the front fenders had three small lamps built into the trim. One showed low beam, one high beam, and one the blinker/running light indicator. And when you looked into the rear view mirror there were two small one in the trim above the rear window that illuminated the running lamps and brake lamps for the rear. You could sit in the driver seat and check every lamp on the car!
My Dad had a Plymouth with the push button auto. He also had a 1969 A100 Dodge van with the shifter on the dash.
The Riviera! Love those. Buddy in high school had a '65, white with black interior, 425 lb ft motor. Had a buzzer you could set on the speedo to go off anywhere from 65 to the highest speed of 110 mph to let you know when you hit that speed. Took a trip once of twenty miles and kept it going the whole time. Tried to find one a couple of times the last few years. Pricey now. It had a tilt-a-way steering column, too.
I had a '75 Eldorado with the twin door handles. Weird, but convenient for a rear seat passenger in that big coupe.
Friend had a few early Cougars with the sequential tail lamp signals. Pretty cool for the times.
I had a '67 Charger and three '69 Galaxie XL's that had the hidden head lamps. Plus some Firebirds and Corvettes with pop ups.
Mom and dad had several station wagons with the hideaway rear seat in the back. We used to fight over which of us kids would get to sit there. You, first place to die if hit there, breathing the carbon monoxide, no seat belts, open window.
Had a couple of Camaros and two Galaxie XL's with the horse shoe shifters.

Something cool one of my cars had they didn't show was the rear console and bucket seats in the 1967 Charger.
Click image for larger version

Name:	1967 Charger interior (1).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	48269
BADRACR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BADRACR1 For This Useful Post: