nutz4c4
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4969152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montehall View Post
yes and 84. I never overheated it.

history:
Last March, my wife was visiting family in Indiana, and saw the car for sale. She knows I didn't want an 84 because of Crossfire. This one was converted to a Qjet.
The owner was a mechanic, he bought the car for his sister... she died and it sat in a garage for a few years before he got it out and drove it for 8 months, then needed money more than the car. (we had to scrape off the "in loving memory" sticker)

she bought it, and we trailered it here where I've driven it about 5 times in between new problems.
*Throw-out bearing went out (replaced)
*car would die everytime I used the brakes (caused by excessive fuel pressure)
*17psi fuel pump was never removed for the carb conversion (in-line regulator installed)

this is the latest. I hate giving up. The body of the car is pretty straight for having 101K and the interior (minus seats) is in great condition.
OK..Good info here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
Sorry guy, it's toast. If you're lucky it's a head hasket but that would not explain the bits of metal. You've more likely have a damaged block or a cracked head at the very least.
Gotta agree here...Can you do your own work? I think you will want to start with Pressure test ing the cooling system to try to see where the coolant is going...Bottom line is the heads have the come off and checked at a machine shor capable of magnafluxinr the check for cracks. Then be checked for warping...Sorry for the bad news...
nutz4c4 is offline   Reply With Quote