Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakota View Post
It's crazy that a government would let civilians have a military grade assault weapon like the AR-15.
The government has military grade assault weapons, they are called M4's and whatnot and have select fire. Which AR-15's do not have. And you can commit suicide with a 1860's era revolver easier than you can a long gun of any kind. And when seconds count the police are only minutes away. I personally had a friend, a coworker, who said much the same thing - he didn't need a gun for protection. He and his wife had moved just outside the city limits a few miles, the nearest house to his was about 1/4 mile away. I told him he should at least consider getting a 12-gauge for home protection. He laughed and said that would never happen.

A few years ago his wife left for work while he had that Wednesday morning off. He was putzing around his house about 8:30 AM when someone showed up and started breaking into his front door. He retreated to his bedroom and called 911. While on the phone with the 911 operator, he heard his front door open. The operator asked him if he had a gun. He told her he didn't, and he was going to check to see who this intruder was. The guy was right outside his door in the hallway. On the 911 call you can hear the guy's voice say "Well, shit. Sorry." just before he pulled the trigger and shot my friend in the heart, killing him. The guy was never caught, although they are pretty sure that same guy had broken into numerous other homes and was responsible for perhaps two other murders.

Anywho.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post: