View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 7:21pm   #12
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8878

I am still out of town but can upload a few pictures of my progress just before leaving for my trip. I am using my laptop connected to my phone for this, seems to be working great.

Installed new valve covers with coil relocation kit, just a bling thing.

I had to do some cutting and grinding of the brass fitting to clear my supercharger intake, but finally got it to fit on both sides.

I am doing an experiment with the water pump. The stock 2008 water pump hose is in the way of my new belt path I am going to do, trying a new water pump from a 2010 Corvette, note the difference in the water inlet on the water pumps. The back side is the same for both water pumps. You can see the height of the pulley is different but the place of the belt should be good for my application.

Top water pump is for a 2010 Corvette, bottom is my stock pump.

My new belt tensioner from MTI Racing, looks a lot stronger than the one that broke and caused these upgrades. This tensioner mounts three different points and is solid billet aluminum which should be a lot stronger.

Got a polished ported Throttle Body.

Since my brake lines are drained, I decided to install a RSD line lock, like I need another way to smoke my tires.

I got my crank drilled, pinned and bolted.

With the new water pump installed I went with the HPE Flip Drive kit, this is pretty much where I am at until I get back home. This will be easier to explain as I install more of the kit.

thegreenman is offline   Reply With Quote