View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 9:50pm   #24
BADRACR1
Barn Stall Owner #5150
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 1.1%

Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,509 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2000032332

It would seem that the fine folks here in TN (the Land of Shootin' Stuff) who make the CCW laws must be smarter than the Feds who make the laws for our enlisted personnel. For example, if I am in a location that is visibly posted as a no carry zone and a situation develops where I would have to draw and fire my weapon to save my life or others I would not be prosecuted for doing so.

I understand part of military duty is to follow orders without question. I get that. But to what end? No matter what the result is? If your C.O told you to jump off a cliff should you?

Did White break a military directive? Of this there is no doubt. Did he save lives doing so? Witnesses say yes. So I guess the question is which is more important: saving the lives of many other unarmed military personnel or following the misguided directive some moron decreed and watch the asshole shoot them down in cold blood?

I am guessing if one asks Lt. Commander Timothy White if he knew he might face charges for defending his men he would answer:

Damn right, and I'd do it again. Sir.
BADRACR1 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BADRACR1 For This Useful Post: