Old 04-27-2019, 4:26am   #5
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 11.2%

Thanked 11,567 Times in 5,704 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Norm has the right idea, Miami is ok, but the best of it is Miami Beach.....so to see the sights, and I hope the beach sand has been restored somehow, it was all washed out BADLY some 20 years ago when I went there....I forget all the tourist spots, need do homework.....then stay at Homestead, south of Miami, and head of the road to Key West....US1 of course....you CAN do it all in one day, IF you get up early at Homestead, and drive south to KW, park on the island and take the transports to all the sites....Hemmingway house, bars, the REAL bar he drank at, and of course the Butterfly house, lighthouse, and many other sites....have dinner at a hotel/motel that has a dining facility out over the beach, overlooking Cuba and watch the sunset......then your choice to drive north again to Homestead or stay overnight and tour some sites on the way north the next day.... then to hit the Alley gator Alley, Tamiami Trail and stop off at a 'gator farm'.....and go for an airboat ride on the infamous SWAMP....you could keep going straight ahead to the west coast of Florida, and it stops at a nice spot with decent parking, and dip into the Gulf.....

for my 70th birthday, wife gave me a trip to KW, and we drove the entire way from Jacksonville Fl, for an entire week, it was a BLAST!!!!

we came up the west coast to Cedar Key, one of our favorite haunts, a nice sleepy town....stopped off and caught an airboat ride on the gulf just south of there.....gotta sit up front on the bow.....seriously.....
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote