View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 12:40pm   #1
GS Ragtop
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0.7%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3243691
Default Boat Buyers: Scammer alert!

I'm in the market for a 26-30 foot Center Console and have been watching Craigslist for potential sales. The 'perfect' boat came up in the Detroit area, so I started communicating with the seller. The price was attractive, borderline 'too' attractive. The seller's husband had died and she relocated from Florida (where the boat's located) to Michigan.

This morning I did a bit more investigating on the seller's name and found 'she' has an identical ad for a different model boat in Bremerton, WA. Same seller, same "I moved to Michigan", same "please use Bing.com sales process."

Anyway, if you're in the market for a boat and see a seller named Laura Steinn from Houghton Lake, MI, report it as a scam.

Here's a link to a guy that saw the scam in WA: Scam busters!: Laura Steinn lscabins

Damn scammers. I wish I could think of a way to make this one feel pain.

UPDATE: Did a bit more investigating and found the same bitch had that boat for sale in 19 different cities all around the country. Slightly different story, same exact pictures, different contact info. I tracked 'em all down and reported the bastard to CL Fraud -- within 24 hours all the ads were pulled.

Last edited by GS Ragtop; 10-05-2012 at 1:26pm.
GS Ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote