NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 20.9%

Thanked 21,135 Times in 8,338 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $35999378

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfontaine View Post
Craig - I think I mentioned before - that is EXACTLY what I did. I had computer skills from 4 years in the NAVY and another 3 working part time in I.T. before I graduated in Mechanical Engineering. I started as a process (mfg) engineer, and moved on to CAD and CAM support from there. Got into the support area for all kinds of different scientific and engineering software, rose through the ranks, got swallowed up into I.T., and became the IT director for world wide Engineering and R&D for our company. I had 150+ staff members in my area. I loved combining BOTH SKILLSETS almost no one could walk and talk high tech Engineering and Science AND I.T. stuff so it really helped my career. Retired young and living the good life now.
That's an awesome story, and it also confirms that her unique mix of skillsets should probably help her advance much more quickly, no matter where she ends up. The best part about her is she doesn't need to be told, she just observes and makes recommendations for process improvements.
Datawiz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Datawiz For This Useful Post: