NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 11.2%

Thanked 21,165 Times in 8,346 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $35999378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I've done it maybe 5 times in my life at most. If UD jumped up and said that based on his yellow pad analysis, I had only done it 3 times, I wouldn't argue.

A couple of years ago, at Christmas time, we had a "perfect storm" of folks who really enjoy expensive beers, and planned a get-together. I bought 2 4-packs of Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA at about $10 per bottle, and a couple of other very expensive beers that weren't quite that pricey, put them in a cooler, and we all enjoyed some of the fruits of my labors. It was a "playmate" cooler that had about $200 of beer in it. Others at the same get-together also brought unusual, hard-to-get beers that were very expensive. We probably went through more than $500 in beer in 2 hours. Good times. We still talk about it once in a while.

I would do it again in a heartbeat. Why do I bother to make the money I make if I am not going to enjoy it with my friends and family when the opportunity presents itself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman68 View Post
It's nice to have a good scotch to bring out for special occasions but my regular drink is much more affordable and lasts me for 3 months. Much less when my next door neighbor comes over for movie night.

I always enjoy finding hidden gems that are really affordable due to the lack of hype.

Somebody mentioned a Highland Park earlier and that stuff is outstanding. They finally sold one of the last bottle of Dark Orgins and I wish I had more.
Scott
I like the Glenmorangie 18 that you do and the price is great. I also like the $360 bottle of Macallan 18 as a substitute for the 21 and 25. I have zero issue spending that amount, but understand that "with the new facts as of late", this is an easy thing for me. I still want to restock the 25 year Mac, but can absolutely see having an 18 year on hand at all times.
Datawiz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Datawiz For This Useful Post: