Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeside49 View Post
For some reason all except one “Southern Rock” link received the error message of “Video Unavailable” when clicking on their posted links. ONLY the Marshall Tucker (Heard It In a Love Song”) link does not default to the “Video Unavailable” YouTube message.
Truth be told, this happens most of the time whenever anyone on the VetteBarn posts a video link to YouTube.
I'm guessing you were using the VB app when experiencing this problem?

I was able to replicate what you described, and it seems the nature of the problem is the embed link, apparently Youtube is no longer allowing mobile device/browser access from such a link.

On the full (website) forum, the links people post get converted to an embed link, so they can appear and play right in the thread. Following that link from the mobile app, however, now produces the "video unavailable" error message.

It wasn't always this way, and I will look into this more and see how I might be able to fix it. But in the meantime, there's a VERY easy way to still view the videos while using the app...

As you know, when you tap on a video in a thread, it opens a browser window that looks about like the image below.
If you tap the play button on the center of the video, you'll get the video unavailable error....But if you tap the title at the top of the video instead, that will load the normal Youtube page (not the embed link), and you'll find that plays just fine.

Attached Thumbnails
appvidscreen.jpg  

Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Y2Kvert4me For This Useful Post: