Dorkapottamus
Barn Stall Owner #52
Activity: 4.6%

Thanked 20,246 Times in 6,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9339471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Ya, they're pretty emotional.
Not violent though. Just emotional about their human rights.
Trump is the president and should be given the respect that the office deserves. I'm totally in agreement with that.
A few ultra leftists did speak, you're right. I didn't like their message, as I'm sure a lot of the crowd didn't. They just want to get the message across that all people are human beings and all human beings, no matter their race, gender, sexual orientation, etc, should be treated equally.
You know,... Basic Constitutional rights.
I'm calling you out, old friend: A few ultra leftists spoke? A few??? Here's the list of speakers:

Gloria Steinem
Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards
Michael Moore
Madonna
A group of largely women senators and other politicians took the stage together at one point, including Kirsten Gillibrand, D-NY, Claire McCaskill, D-MO, and newly elected Senators Kamala Harris, D-CA, and Tammy Duckworth, D-IL, who addressed the group as did Rep. Maxine Waters, D-CA. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-FL, and Sen. Cory Booker, D-NJ, were also on stage

And you're "sure a lot of the crowd didn't" like their message? I heard no boos; if there were any, they were drowned out by cheers and applause. Even when Madonna said this:

"Yes, I’m angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House. But I know this won’t change anything. We cannot fall into despair."

And "They just want to get the message across that all people are human beings"? Lots of websites are calling the rally what is is: A Trump protest. Here are some of the signs at the March:

Name:  rally.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  67.3 KB

Name:  rally1.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  58.1 KB

Name:  rally2.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  48.4 KB

Name:  rally3.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  45.8 KB

I realize your wife and your daughter are at the March and that you might be biased in your opinion. However, please don't whitewash this event as something it isn't.
lspencer534 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lspencer534 For This Useful Post: