View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 9:09am   #95
JetMechZ16
A Real Barner
Activity: 5.4%

Thanked 9,866 Times in 3,759 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $856744

This past Sunday my wife and I along with my troubled daughter and my grandson went to the Hunter museum in Chattanooga. We watched a short concert by a violinist and then toured the museum. Everyone enjoyed themselves and it was a nice afternoon followed by dinner at a nice Mexican restaurant. We went home to an uneventful evening and went to bed about 9:45.

I couldn't sleep well so was still awake around 10:30 when I heard strange sounds coming from the living room. My wife woke up and heard them also. I got up and went to check what the sound was and found my daughter sitting on the couch unconscious. She was lifeless and still and seemed dead. I grabbed her and shook her, screamed at her, slapped her, she started to make gurgling sounds but was completely limp. I screamed for my wife to get out here. My wife grabbed some cold water and threw it onto her we were both shaking her and screaming for her to wake up. I called 911 and gave them our address, told them I believed our daughter had overdosed. They just kept talking and I yelled at them to find out if they were sending an ambulance. We are still shaking and screaming at her to wake up. She just gurgled and then her eyes fluttered and went closed again. She did that a couple of times.
I could hear sirens now and my wife yelled at me to get the garage door unlocked and open. I had forgotten that our front porch is being rebuilt and you can't get into the house that way. After getting the garage open I ran back in, still hearing sirens getting closer. My daughters face was turning blue and her fingers were turning blue. The 1st squad car arrived but was just sitting out in the street, which is still 300' from our house. I flashed the front porch lights off and on to get his attention and he turned down our driveway.
It seemed as if this had been going on for hours, but in reality I think it was only 4 minutes or so. The officer came in and tried to help us get her awake, all she would do is gurgle and maybe flutter her eyes. I saw a syringe and a piece of some white substance on the table it was part of a pill. The officer jumped up and ran to his car to get his Narcan. He came back in a few seconds and gave her a dose from a nasal spray we waited and yelled and shook her. Still no response, he gave her another dose. It was like someone turned the lights back on in her. Her eyes jumped open and she started breathing stronger, she tried to sit up and started responding to our questions.

About this time I notice other people coming in, more police, firefighters, and EMTs. The house and driveway are full of people and cars. They wheel my daughter out and take her to the emergency room. I thank the 1st responding officer and tell him that had he not gotten there so fast she would probably have died. I get in my truck and head to the hospital. My wife stayed behind with our grandson who was in his room listening to all this and crying. Before I left I told my grandson that his mom would be ok now and not to worry his grandma would stay with him.

At the hospital I was just mad, mad at my daughter and her selfishness. To put her family, her son through all this. To almost throw away her life for nothing. She cried and swore she's never do this again. I don't believe it. They let me take her home at 0300.

A few hours later we were woken by the phone and my wifes sister says their dad may be dying. He won't eat, won't take his meds and can't stand or get up. We drive over to her dads house and proceed to get an ambulance for him. My wife spent the rest of the day at the hospital with her dad, while I went home to look after my daughter and grandson.

2020 was ok up until this point.
JetMechZ16 is offline   Reply With Quote