View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 8:26pm   #11
mike100
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2013824

SKF branded 4th gen F-body hub bearings #BR930186.
These are made in Korea, but have been reported to be of very good quality according to tech tips on CF and this post here on VB: https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/c...-bearings.html

I was able to mount the abs wire bracket even though you have to run the bolts thru backwards. Some people drill out the threaded holes in the hub and use the nuts like the oem C4 uses, but you really don't have to bother. The bracket just acts like a washer- the knuckle facing is flat enough across the back and you don't have to modify anything. Notice I installed the nuts on the bolts even though the hub is threaded...I just didn't want to lose them and just put them back on the car just in case somebody gets oem vette hubs and needs them again.

bad picture showing the abs bracket behind the bolts- originally sits on the threaded studs coming thru the other way-

the only thing I did was bend the ABS wire bracket out 1/4" to keep the same slack in the line as it did previously when it was mounted inboard a little closer.

done...

and there does not seem to be any ABS issues with different pulse counts per revolution. I haven't tried to lock the wheels up yet, but I'm sure everything is the same or the light would have set in normal driving if the pulse count wasn't right.

Last edited by mike100; 08-05-2012 at 8:42pm.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mike100 For This Useful Post: