Old 04-30-2012, 11:52am   #20
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 8,649 Times in 2,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

For those that might want to link up along the way, I'm putting down a few estimates of when we'll roll through major cities. Keep in mind that these are ESTIMATES based on a "best case scenario." A lot depends on the speed we drive (I'm using an average of 75MPH), any traffic we may encounter, stops for gas, etc. My guess is that we will leave Rockwall, Texas at around 7AM, but again that is subject to change.

Rockwall to Texarkana = 150 miles = 2 hours. Should pass through around 9:00AM or so.

Texarkana to Little Rock = 145 miles = 2 hours. Should arrive there around 11:00 and a possible stop for lunch (add an hour).

Little Rock to Memphis = 135 miles = 2 hours. Should pass through Memphis around 2PM.

Memphis to Nashville = 214 miles = 3 hours. Should be through Nashville at around 5PM.

From Nashville to Bowling Green: The "standard route" up I-65 is another hour with arrival in Bowling Green at 6PM. Some folks are going to veer off and take a scenic route up through Union City, TN. I have no idea how much that will add to the trip. One of our party will be going to the airport in Nashville.

I'm sure several of us will make our cell numbers available so we can be contacted on the road.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post: