View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 10:09am   #2238
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner
Activity: 59.7%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
Well, that's different. A sample size of 3 from 15 years ago is proof positive that it's very common now.

I have collected experience with all types of dealers, new or used, over a very long time. I consider myself an expert car buyer who won't get screwed over. Back a few years back, many of my friends asked me to check out cars for them as they don't understand much about cars and they are afraid of getting screwed. I'm reflecting on my combined experience of all those years.
The only experiences with new car dealers in the last couple of years were the ones I posted about... the one with BRANDON HYUNDAI that agreed with me on a price and then wanted to jack it up when I refused their low ball offer on my trade. The one with HYUNDAI of Ocala that lied to me about their IONIQ 5's not having mark ups on the phone and the recent experience at a local Ford dealer that the lower priced Ford Lightning didn't have the tax credit. I do give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know but as someone in that profession, he should know. Again, I also said that I had a positive experience with dealers but those experiences were with dealers outside of Florida. As I said before, Massey Hyundai in Hagerstown/MD was fantastic including my sales guy. 100% honest and never misleading in any way.
GrandSportC3 is offline   Reply With Quote