Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14
Activity: 0%

Thanked 5,024 Times in 2,237 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra4B View Post
Thanks guys... Tom did you get that out of the servic manual? If not, man I thought I was technical w/ these cars... well done

When it oes this I do not get the "click" you spoke about.... and I know the sound exaclty. It just does nothing at all. So that means it's a clutch pedal witch or ignition switch.
The relay not energizing could be either on the power (ign, clutch) side, or the ground (BCM) side of the relay coil. Both sides need to function in order for the relay to "click". You need to figure out on which side it's not happening to proceed..

The circuit drawing is out of the manual...the step by step advice was all me. I've been through it, I know it's frustrating to sort out all the possibles, so I posted the best way to methodically narrow down to the culprit.

This is the kind of stuff I work through for a living, but again, my frustration was getting it to fail consistently. It took me weeks before I could finally get it to fail when I had my meter out and ready to go. Only then could I determine what wasn't working. (in my case, the starter solenoid).

Last edited by Y2Kvert4me; 03-18-2010 at 6:37pm.
Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote