Old 12-15-2020, 10:24pm   #52371
Little Red L98.
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 15,239 Times in 5,275 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $894473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
Yeah, eating out does get spendy, but we enjoy it, and I didn’t work hard for decades to hide out now and leave a bunch of money to the kids so we’re enjoying life, COVID or no COVID.

I’m curious about this statement. What were they on to? In my many trips to Japan since 2011 I’ve never seen anybody wearing a mask outside a major city. In Tokyo maybe 5% wear them, not because of any virus, but because of poor air quality.

LOTS of respiratory protection used at the Fukushima NPP, but no paper masks or cloth bandanas allowed.
I was a kid when I was in Japan. I do remember people wearing masks on trains and just walking around. It was a small percentage. I believe they were cotton and they wore them because they were sick with a cold or whatever and didn’t want to spread their germs. As a courtesy. Maybe it worked maybe it didn’t. I know covid is different.

My comment “as usual” refers to how the Japanese can take something someone else invented and make it better — electronics, cars, whisky, you name it. Maybe they were on to something about masks too. They’re smart that way.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Little Red L98. For This Useful Post: