View Single Post
Old 08-25-2022, 6:17pm   #3
SJW
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink View Post
That is certainly not factory...those extensions are either because the grill is not placed in the opening properly or the opening is perhaps too wide. The bottom of the grill looks about right so my money is on an overly wide opening, not sure what you could do about that tho... Do the bottoms of the headlight buckets make a nice line with the center of the surround ? (see second picture)

And do the nose support rods behind the glass in front of the hood near the headlight motors look normal ?
Thanks for confirming what I was nearly certain was true, Frank. The lower edges of the buckets do align pretty well with the center of the nose. I'll post a photo below. Please excuse the not-yet-great alignment of the right-hand bumper. It's a new repro, and I'm still fussing with it to get that right. It's sitting better than the used bumper the body shop put on the car, but still not satisfactory.

I haven't spotted anything that seems badly out of whack with the support rods, and I spent quite a bit of time working in that area, as both bucket motors were roached when I got the car -- one of them having also had its mounting so badly ****ed up that I was appalled when I saw what that body shop had done. The collision this car had been in prior to my acquiring it had apparently sheared the mounting bolt, and the butcher who "fixed" it tried twice to drill a new hole (both of which were mis-located), so he gave up and swung to bracket to the side and trapped it under a large fender washer because the bolt no longer aligned with the slot in the support bracket. I ended up scoring a pair of take-off motors that were also roaches, from a CF member who was converting to the Detroit Speed setup, and was able to make two functional motors from the four I had to work with. I'll post a couple of photos below of that hack job on the mounting, too.

Live well,

SJW
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4621.jpg  

IMG_3029.jpg  

IMG_3066.jpg  

SJW is offline   Reply With Quote