69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 11,508 Times in 5,030 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1071547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
A friend of mine was about 28 and was over at my house, complained of a persistent migraine that was driving her crazy. My wife told her she should go see a doctor, just in case. She went in and they gave her a CAT scan. Huge embolism in her brain, about to burst. Doctor told her she needed surgery immediately. She asked "OK, when do I come back in?" Doctor said you don't understand, we're going to prep you right now.

Shaved her head. Drilled four holes in her skull, then cut between the holes and removed a piece of her skull roughly 4 sq. inches. Drained the embolism and cauterized the artery. Put her head back together. Oh, all of this was done with local anesthesia. They had to make sure they weren't doing any damage so she had to be at least somewhat conscious.

It took a bit of a toll on her. After that surgery she never really was quite as active and I guess "vibrant" as before. But she was a dead woman walking just prior.
I had a friend in college that had been complaining of massive headaches a few weeks before summer break. Hell, I'd give him a couple of Goody's powders and figured it would fix him up. About two weeks into break, he had a massive aneurysm on his way to get a haircut. His car went a few hundred yards through a field before it hit a tree and stopped. He was of course already dead. He was a great dude, and gone at 21 years old. You just never know.
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote