Thread: Chili...
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 7:15am   #1
J S Machine
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1335420
Default Chili...

So my wife and I have started to experiment with Chili. I think it is pretty good stuff, but we need some recipes that will blow the doors off. I'm not sure how my wife makes it, but it doesn't take her very long. Isn't the best chili the stuff that cooks for a while?

Here's the kicker. I don' like beans. I really don't care for beans. I wish that there was a way to make chili and it not be 50% beans. You know how when you go to the mexican restaurant..and they offer beans...and they end up being refried beans..meh. I don't like beans.

So anyway the wife thinks you can't cook chili without beans in it. She puts so many in it that it is a real PITA to try to scoop up just the chili and meat without grabbing beans as well.

What we may have to do is start cooking it together and split the pot somewhere along the way about the time she thinks it is time to add beans. I would like to put onions in mine as well, one of the food items that she is repulsed by lol.

I like to put rotel in with mine too because I like it spicy. So what are some hints to making good chili?
J S Machine is offline   Reply With Quote