Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 8.6%

Thanked 2,683 Times in 1,544 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6269655

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD77VET View Post
I purchased a brand new Citizen Marine Men's Automatic Watch - NH8380-15E off ebay. Box, papers , plastic on clasp, brand new never worn.

I like the not having to worry about winding it, it's comfortable and easy to read. The glowing hands work acceptably making it easy to read in the dark. Band / clasp work well too. The day, date and time are all easy to alter.

What I don't like is that it gains about 10 to 12 seconds every day. The Maratac AQC ( battery) that I was wearing previously would keep to the second for over a month.

Can the fast running be adjusted?
You can have it regulated but it likely will still vary on accuracy in real life. What you could try is laying it in different positions when you are not wearing it. Crown up, crown down, watch flat, etc. See what the accuracy is after eight or so hours after trying each position and you will likely find one, or a combo that keeps it more accurate. Other than that, it is well within specs for a non-COSC movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datawiz View Post
Even at the higher price points, they'll never match a quartz watch. My Submariner keeps really good time, but you have to have it serviced every 2 years to maintain the movement. Any longer than that and it gains or loses time.
How much does it gain/lose after two years? Again, try laying it in different positions. It shouldn't need to be regulated, let alone serviced after only two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Every 2 years? Nah, more like every 15 years. Unless you are really abusing the shit out of it. I think Rolex itself recommends every 5 years if you want to be "That Rolex Guy." Because $500-$800 every two years just to get your watch looking a little shinier and a tad more accurate is nuts. Even after a service most Subs will still not be all that accurate over the course of a few weeks. I know mine gains about two minutes minimum per month.
That's good enough for me and the girls I go with.....
Millenium Vette is offline   Reply With Quote