Old 04-20-2011, 4:30pm   #7
c6vetteinhouston
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2184

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03SlowZ06 View Post
You have to get it scanned.
Check your PM. For the shake for everyone else, here is what has fixed my problem:

Check it out first to see if your vehicle falls under the current GM recall pertaining to this problem. The GM recall did not fix my problem. Anyway, without going into the long story, I got the “service active handling,” “service active brakes,” “serving traction control” reading on the DIC. After some conversation with some folks, I finally to it to the dealership. You have to go when the codes are showing. The level II tech identified my codes, U2100, U2105, U2107, U2108, all comm codes. Giving these readings, I never had a problem with the operations of the vehicle and felt safe to drive, so drove off. He called the GM Techs to how best to fix this problem. They told him do troubleshoot, see below, of course, it was to cost me $300.00 dollars. I did not do that so since this was a re-ocurring problem from under the 30 day guarantee from CarMax, I took to them with the fix given to me by the dealership level II tech. So far, now going on 3 months, the following fix seems to be holding:

Codes:
U2100, U2105, U2107, U2108, all comm codes

Fix:
Ck electrical inputs to ECM-BCM-EBCM
Input connector C180
Ck for any open & shut electrical
Drag test terminal-ECM-BCM-EBCM
Ck 2500 & 2501 from BCM-EBCm EBCM-ECM
Ck complete wiring harness
Ck modules before disconnecting (disconnecting what, I am not sure)

Hope this helps in your repairs. If you want, print these codes and fix, do so and it to the stealership and have them fix the problem.

NOTE....What I have learn, you must, must take it to a dealership at the moment the SHA/STC/SES lights displayed, that is, if the service dept is open. If so, DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR CAR until the codes are identified. For when you turn off your car, it reset the codes and it could be days or weeks before they kick on again. Ask the tech II what codes were activating and write them down. Do your own research and the ask someone you know who can answer your questions as to what the codes are the fix could be.
c6vetteinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote