10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.4%

Thanked 41,070 Times in 17,076 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBlack View Post
I used to enjoy seeing Baylor have some success but they sold their soul to become a national power. They embraced thuggery and the university and the city of Waco were complicit in the cover up of the sexual assaults there. I would have expected a crack down when a Baylor basket ball player murdered a team mate but nope.

I always root for a Big 12 team except for Baylor. Ok, full disclosure. As an OU fan it's difficult to root for UT though I tip my hat for the school not folding when the snowflakes wanted to ban Eyes of Texas (Even if it is just a bastardized version of I've Been Working on the Rail Road).
It wasn't just Iba's b-ball follies, remember the Art Briles football scandal?

Baylor became blinded by the world, vs. sticking with their mission, putting out Godly, Christian leaders. Anyone could see that packing the b-ball program with thugs recruited out of junior colleges that no Division 1 school would take because they had too many problems, was going to lead to a bad outcome.

I assume that after two MASSIVE scandals, that Baylor cleaned house somewhat, but I can say that even back in the 80's athletes had their own 'boosters,' who helped them out.....cash, BS no show jobs, etc. I'm sure lots of schools do the same thing.
bill_daniels is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post: