Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 8,649 Times in 2,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Well, sad to say, but most of the people I graduated with wouldn't send their own kids to Baylor at this point, things have changed, but then, they've changed everywhere, and not for the better. I was shocked when attending the Texas A&M graduation ceremony, and touring the campus. Progressive Marxist bullshit everywhere, and it seemed mainstream and accepted. At A&M.
When my kids were looking at colleges, I told them that if they got the grades to get in I would, within reason, send them to the college of their choice. My daughter was telling me TCU since she was 4, so no-brainer there. My son looked around and I said that I refused to pay for Baylor or A&M because I don't want them attending a school that is, in my opinion, more cult than college. Fortunately he wasn't too keen on either of those schools. After the scandal that hit Baylor a few years back that got Art Briles tossed out, the rest of the country got to see first hand what a lot of people here knew all along...how full of shit the Baptists that run the show there are. It was embarrassing for any respectable Baylor grad to say the least IMO.

TCU has some "woke" aspects to it now, but I suspect it'll die down eventually when all of this nonsense becomes a bad memory because Ft. Worth is a lot more conservative. The chancellor is always sending out these hand-wringing emails saying how much better we need to do with inclusion. And of course they hired some black, overweight ex-football jock as the "Director of Inclusion." Seriously dude? You're running a campus that's 85% WASP and costs a small fortune to get in. Making sure that you have a good variety of entrees in the cafeteria is about as much inclusion as you're going to be able to get away with.

I did my undergrad at UTA, and they always send me newsletters with all this woke shit in it, then ask for donations. Meh...I don't think so. Maybe you can get Pelosi to donate to your cause.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote