View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 1:12pm   #1
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590
Default 56 hours without electricity.

Power just came on about an hour ago. I really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Our power company shut down much of northern and central California because those idiots haven't been maintaining there infrastructure very well for decades so now high winds can spark a fire. It's happened several times in recent years. So this is the answer until they can get things up to par.

First, the weather was great. High 70s during the day, so no need for heat or AC. Our clubhouse had a generator, so there was a place to get some hot coffee in the morning and charge devices. We BBQed and got a lot of stuff done outside the house and spent some time with the neighbors. We cooked for some of the more elderly folks who weren't as well prepared and equipped as we were.

I have an upright freezer and in anticipation of the power outage I had frozen about 15 one gallon jugs of water so I was able to keep any of my food from spoiling. I even still had ice cubes last night for my bourbon.

I also helps that we are retired, so no lost time from work or anything like that. Just another little adventure in life.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post: