Barn Stall Owner #3
Barn Raising I
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 1.1%

Thanked 4,155 Times in 1,854 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2324642

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
Interesting Earnhardt story. I was at a race in Atlanta a few years ago, 2008 or so, as a guest of Red Bull and got put up in 1 of the nicer hotels. Turns out that Rusty Wallace and Chocolate Myers were down in the hotel bar getting lit the night before the race. I sat down and eventually started chatting with them. Turns out that Chocolate is a pretty emotional dude when drinking. He and Rusty went off on a bunch of hilarious Dale stories. Without a doubt, 1 of the best nights I can (somewhat) remember.

1 of the less hilarious, but more relevant stories to this thread was that when they were rebadging the 3 cars to 29 in 2001, the guys in the shop came up to the last 1 and none of them had the heart to start pulling decals from it. There was nothing special about the car specifically other than it happened to be last in line. The last time I was in the shop (2010 or so) it was actually still sitting in the exact same place, untouched among the mass of other cars being built. I think I did hear that they have since moved it to the museum.
C5SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote