Old 03-28-2024, 8:58pm   #2287
jw38
A Real Barner
Activity: 22.3%

Thanked 1,921 Times in 748 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSportC3 View Post
Every time I traded a car, someone looked at it. I'm pretty sure that they also ran some kind of car check/carfax on it.
As for the axle issue. It is a known issue on older Model X that was fixed with the 2022 refresh. As for road noise, I only got a ride in an older Model X many years ago, and I don't recall any noise. My 2022 Model X is very quiet, even at higher speed.. All you hear is the some wind noise.. No tire or motor noise. I usually travel on the fastest route, so, no issues with chargers.
I wonder if your friend had the factory tires. Going with certain tires can increase sound level. The factory tires are designed to be silent.
They look at them and run checks on them because you look untrustworthy. After all, you do drive a Tesla.

Big deal that it was fixed with the refresh. Five sets of front CV joints in 84k miles absolutely sucks, and even though Tesla knows it's a design flaw, the cost of the repair, at $2000 each time, is on the customer. Oh yeah, the "beta" self-driving crap that my friend paid for still doesn't work. Does he get a refund? Nope.

**** Tesla...and **** JOE BIDEN!
jw38 is offline   Reply With Quote