Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 8,649 Times in 2,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270
Default DFW Caravan To Barn Raising II

For the first time in several years, it's time once again to make the trek to Bowling Green, Kentucky for Barn Raising II.

Several folks have said that they would be interested in caravanning to the event as we have done in years past. Since most if not all are heading up on Wednesday, here are a few options:

We can meet at a predetermined rendezvous point early Wednesday morning and drive from there.

Another option...one that several of us chose for Cruise-In X...was to stay Tuesday night at a hotel in Rockwall (I think it was a La Quinta Inn) and leave from there on Wednesday morning. This allowed us to get a little more sleep, avoid the DFW morning rush hour traffic, get some breakfast and still leave early enough to arrive in Bowling Green at a decent hour. It does add another night of hotel stay, but as I recall it saved a lot of wear and tear on those who came from Fort Worth area and points west which tacks on at least another hour to the drive. Those from the Dallas area (e.g. Kevin, Liz, etc.) can either stay at the hotel or opt to meet us in the morning since they wouldn't have to drive as far.

All that said...either way is fine. We should just come to a consensus.

For expediency's sake, we should probably follow the usual route: Interstate 30 through Texarkana to Little Rock, then getting on Interstate 40 through Memphis to Nashville, then jumping on Interstate 65 north to Bowling Green.

A few things you might want to bring:
1) Radios. If you have a walkie-talkie, bring it so we can communicate.
2) A can of fix-a-flat. Take it from me...the pucker factor of having a flat in the middle of BFE can be debilitating.
3) Snacks. Cause everyone loves snacks.
4) Car charger for your cell. It's a long day. And we talk a lot.

One more thing: If you know anyone who's going from the Houston area, they can meet us in Memphis and join up (I'm going to assume they would come I-20 east then I-55 north to Memphis). Just point them to this thread.

Feel free to point others to this thread who might want to join us along the way (Arkansas, Tennessee, etc.).

Allright...Discuss...

Last edited by Iron Chef; 04-27-2012 at 12:40pm.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote