NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,462 Times in 17,249 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Uhhh, I think a lot of 1%r's have.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/served-af...100000389.html

What we are seeing in Afghanistan right now shouldn’t shock you. It only seems that way because our institutions are steeped in systematic dishonesty. It doesn’t require a dissertation to explain what you’re seeing. Just two sentences.

One: For 20 years, politicians, elites and D.C. military leaders lied to us about Afghanistan.

Two: What happened last week was inevitable, and anyone saying differently is still lying to you.

I know because I was there. Twice. On special operations task forces. I learned Pashto as a U.S. Marine captain and spoke to everyone I could there: everyday people, elites, allies and yes, even the Taliban.

The truth is that the Afghan National Security Forces was a jobs program for Afghans, propped up by U.S. taxpayer dollars — a military jobs program populated by nonmilitary people or “paper” forces (that didn’t really exist) and a bevy of elites grabbing what they could when they could.

(Cut & Pasted from the link)
For the most part, what you quoted seems true. To the general point, we were never going to export First World democracy to 6th century Muslim savages. I think most here can agree, at least agree now, that nation building in the ME is a fool's errand. If you were a W Bush voter, I hope you're satisfied. We got spying on steroids with the Patriot Act, profligate spending, and now, we've not only got nothing to show (beyond taking out Bin Ladin) for our efforts in Afghanistan, we're being humiliated on the world stage, as even the illiterate, inbred Taliban mock us, as they should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learpilot View Post
Guess what Monkey you dont pull out The Troops first.
For another animal metaphor, you get your ducks in a row first, meaning, you get the Americans out, and you get the fully vetted natives that you wish to save out.....and since they're Muslim, you make arrangements for them to land and resettle in a MUSLIM country.....anywhere but the United States. We don't need more little Mogadishus; we certainly don't need any more America hating Congress critters, destroying America from the inside.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post: