Old 10-29-2017, 1:40pm   #67
OddBall
A Real Barner
Activity: 36.0%

Thanked 10,517 Times in 5,423 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $29466197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Six View Post
Rather than walk away from a boat I like if it's overpriced, I like to make an offer.

What do you think it's worth?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium Vette View Post
I would ask you what the market is on those boats, but truth be told, there is no market for either of those boats. That's not to say they are bad boats, they may not be. However, there is only one way to look at a 30+ year old boat: It's an old boat and nobody wants them. Harsh, but if you are going to buy a boat that old, you need to know that going in.

If you are going to live aboard a boat, I would suggest looking at something in the 55+ foot range. Anything below that is too small for living aboard full time.

Where you live affects the price too. He's probably trying to recoup a lot of the electronics, gizmo's, and repairs he's put on the boat over the years as well. If it were me, I'd check to see how long that boat has been up for sale, as well as other 30 year old boats that are comparable. If you can, find out what a dealer would pay. Then I'd lowball the shit out of him. I mean low, maybe half. (you can kind of gauge that on what a dealer would pay, go lower if you can) When he's done screaming or laughing, give him your number and let him know that you will be buying a 40+ft boat, it can be his or it can be another one. Negotiate with him and let him bring you up on the offer. But whatever the case, I wouldn't give much more than a dealer would.
OddBall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OddBall For This Useful Post: