View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 1:58pm   #14
RetiredSFC 97
Barn Stall Owner #63
Activity: 2.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $32270

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller View Post
IIRC Obama won 95% of the Black vote in the US.

So does this mean only 5% of the Black population are conservatives?
Blacks sometimes call themself conservative yet vote dem. I have suspicions why, none of which are racist, but I won't go into them. Will is better at that than I.
So basically there were people who never voted in their life who did vote this last time. But without the white vote from dems and pubs who voted for him he didn't stand a chance, so when people like Joecool claim racism it makes them look like racists themself. That may work with some folks but not with anyone of any intelligence.

But I did find this, I don't know it's accuracy!

Quote:
According to a 2004 study 13.7% of blacks identified as "Conservative" or "Extremely Conservative"[4] with another 14.4% identifying as slightly conservative. However the same study indicated less than ten percent identified as Republican or Republican leaning in any fashion. Likewise, a recent Pew Research Center survey showed that 19% of blacks identify as Religious Right.[5] In 2004 the Pew Research Center indicated only 7% of blacks identify as Republican
I do know there were some black folks I work with who never voted in their life but did this time. But I don't believe all the typical non voters will show up again. They made their statement and the wealthy ones are still wealthy and the poor ones are still poor. Nothing much has changed except for the ones who are now without a job. so I feel those people will for sure stay home.
RetiredSFC 97 is offline   Reply With Quote