Old 09-11-2020, 10:07am   #19
Thunder22
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.3%

Thanked 2,770 Times in 1,283 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $216475

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin View Post
Turned that off long ago. Plus everything else that uses data. Their usage showed 230mg-1g when my phone was turned off multiple times over the last year. I ignored the issue because I had too much on my plate.

I did an analysis of data usage and found a number of statistically impossible things. For example, phones using the precisely same amount of data every other month for the year. Massive jumps in data usage from month to month. We never got overage notices, then we started getting them every other day.

We would pay to increase the limit, then get overage messages within a couple days.

I’ve researched this heavily. It is not the phone. That’s what a Verizon tells people. Which is also why it is pointless to call them. I’ve spemt hours with them. Even faced with hard data, they admit it is inaccurate but won’t do anything.

But you will see many who changed carriers said, miraculously, their data usage went back to normal after switching using the same phone and use.

The time stamp that shows when the data was used is not the time it was actually used, it's the time that it synched logs to VZW. So the statement of "it did it while the phone was off" is just plain wrong.

And simply turning auto wifi off isn't the entire solution, you have to manually switch to wifi when around wifi, otherwise you're still using cell data.
Thunder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thunder22 For This Useful Post: