Old 09-11-2020, 8:06am   #13
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,005 Times in 2,777 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder22 View Post
it's not vzw, it's the crappy code on the iphone, which will follow you and the phone to another provider if you switch because wifi-assist on iphones has issues.
Turned that off long ago. Plus everything else that uses data. Their usage showed 230mg-1g when my phone was turned off multiple times over the last year. I ignored the issue because I had too much on my plate.

I did an analysis of data usage and found a number of statistically impossible things. For example, phones using the precisely same amount of data every other month for the year. Massive jumps in data usage from month to month. We never got overage notices, then we started getting them every other day.

We would pay to increase the limit, then get overage messages within a couple days.

I’ve researched this heavily. It is not the phone. That’s what a Verizon tells people. Which is also why it is pointless to call them. I’ve spemt hours with them. Even faced with hard data, they admit it is inaccurate but won’t do anything.

But you will see many who changed carriers said, miraculously, their data usage went back to normal after switching using the same phone and use.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post: