Old 02-10-2020, 6:47am   #58
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 4.7%

Thanked 8,402 Times in 4,255 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

The problem with America is we make too much money. Ever wonder why commercials of "Save the Snow Leopards" comes on late at night ? How about "Save the child in a 3rd world country ? We'll send you a photograph and crudely written card when you pay every month !"
So, you sit at home, look at the Snow Leopard, the small child and say WTF, I got a few extra bucks, let me throw it their way. All the while every one of us have Americans a few miles away in desperate need because either their family or location is ****ed up.
My parents grew up during the Great Depression. They picked cotton. My father actually rode a mule to and from school. Got whipped if he wasted a cartridge and didn't bring home something for it. My Mom, turned into Buckner Orphanage because her parents couldn't afford to feed their kids.
Both were saved from the same poverty because of WWII-My Father joined the Army Air Corps and my Mom got a job in a factory.

All the liberal ideas and push comes because THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH SUCH. I thank God that my parents told me their stories while I ate their food, wore clothes they bought me, and showed me how to care for my fellow man by giving a personal leg up, not just giving money.

Reciprocity ? It only works if the person or country actually acknowledges the gift and changes something. So far, I don't see it.

Trump is a showman, an expert at manipulation through media. He's also the one that says "I love America and Americans first." That has strong connection especially to us Veterans. Yes, I know he got a deferment and found a way out of the Vietnam war. I'm sure we all have something in our past that if you look hard enough, would come back to bite you in the ass.
But I don't hear "I love America and Americans" from the left. So, it makes my political choice REAL easy.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VatorMan For This Useful Post: