RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 43.5%

Thanked 7,748 Times in 3,448 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
And you were fortunate to be born into a family that could afford to send you to school.
Bullshit.

The fact that you seem think the only way to succeed in this country is to be born wealthy is flat out f*cking ignorant.

By your way of thinking, I should be collecting a welfare check, have 6 illegitimate kids, and working for minimum wage since I wasn't born into a wealthy family.

I worked my ass off so I could put MYSELF through school. Yea, it was difficult. I worked nights and weekends, ate Ramen noodles, donated plasma for beer money, drove a piece of shit Cavalier, lived in a shithole apartment, picked up odd jobs when I could, took loans of which I paid back every dime. I didn't expect anybody to hand me anything that I didn't earn.

What I DIDN'T do was go get a bunch of girls pregnant and get myself into a situation that I couldn't handle financially.

Do you think that I am somehow a special case? I'm not. ANYBODY who works for it can put themselves through school. The problem is, thanks to those like you, people grow up with the assumption that they should have it given to them rather than working for it.

Quote:
And you were lucky to never have found yourself in that position.
He worked to never find himself in that position, just like I have and just like millions of others have. I made a decision early in life, as I was working in a machine shop with no A/C in the middle of the summer, that I didn't want to do that the rest of my life. Fortune and luck have absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that I'm not still doing it today. Again, assuming that people can't improve their way of life through hard work is again flat out ignorant.

Quote:
People should be paid a fair livable wage for the job they do. Unions exist to make sure that happens. Pull them from the equation and its a race to the bottom.
Funny... I'm not in a union and I get compensated fairly for the job that I do. How is that possible?!?!?

You are absolutely correct. People should be paid a fair wage. They should be compensated related to the job they do. Someone who sits on a line and does work that a trained monkey could handle does NOT deserve the same compensation as the person doing more skilled labor, the design work, the corporate work, etc.

Your idea of "fair" is laughable.

It's pathetic that you think that people are incapable of succeeding in life without Robin Hoods like you looking out for them.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post: