View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 9:07pm   #7
Brett K
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2004620

It isn't going to break me. I just find it ridiculous that ambulance services on a 911 cal can be in or out of network. I also think the rate is ridiculous. A 7 mile ride taking a half hour from time of pick up to drop off is almost 1000. The ambulance service is charging about $1800 an hour. They tell me their billing is a standard rate approved by Medicare. Holy crap!

I was in the ER the night before with severe back spasms and was discharged. The meds they gave me didn't touch them. I kept trying to get up out of bed to get myself to a car and I couldn't move my legs. I was worried about what further damage I might do until I got an X ray and MRI. If you have ever had back spasms before, you will understand what I am talking about. It feels like you are getting hit with a taser in the middle of the back every time you try and move. It was the most painful thing I ever experienced and I have a pretty high tolerance for pain.

I have a 250 deductible, and a 100 deductible for ER visits, and 15 -30 copay for office visits. The ambulance ride will be the most expensive thing that happened by a long shot.
Brett K is offline   Reply With Quote