View Single Post
Old 07-27-2022, 12:18pm   #20
SJW
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

I've never been tempted to pursue all of the original purity stuff, and can't imagine ever going down that road. There can be enough challenges and irritations associated with these hobby cars without biting that hook. I have no intention of modifying the bodies of any of my vehicles, but neither of my Corvettes is 100% stock. I'm more of a day-two guy, who has no qualms about aftermarket wheels, shifters, steering wheels, exhaust, etc, or electrical or mechanical parts that offer upgraded durability or reliability.

There's very little left on the blue one that was on it when it left St. Louis 59 years ago.

The red one is mostly stock mechanically, although I did replace the notorious optispark distributor 18 years ago with a superior Dynaspark unit from DynoTech. Sadly, they're no longer available, but I'll never need another. Of course, I've replaced plenty of other items as a matter of routine PM, such as belts, hoses, plugs, wires, radiator, brake pads, although they're nearly all AC Delco service parts. It is 28 years old, after all.

Live well,

SJW
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4100.jpg  

IMG_2281.jpg  

DSCN7154.JPG  

DSCN5233.jpg  

SJW is offline   Reply With Quote