A Real Barner
Activity: 6.5%

Thanked 3,565 Times in 1,393 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3016342

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudleyJames View Post
My wingman of 16-1/2 years lost him two weeks ago
Home is alot more empty
So very sorry for your loss 16 1/2 years of a life well-lived and well-loved, for sure. They do make a house a home.

Today marks 3 years for Cosmo...I went for a memorial hike today in his honor, it was a beautiful day he would have loved (photo from the hike).

The last few years I have tried to 'pay forward' the help I received to others currently going through pet loss in an informal volunteer capacity online at a few places...I found this candlelight prayer and thought I'd share it here:

"God, Creator of all living things, we ask that as we light our candles, the healing warmth of love will flow into the brokenhearted who have lost a loved one. Give to them Your strength and comfort. We also pray that the soft glow of light will part the clouds of grief and sorrow to surround our furbabies at the Rainbow Bridge.

May excitement reign supreme as wagging tails, ecstatic purrs and flapping feathers feel our gentle touch once again. May they know the gratitude we hold in our hearts for their faithfulness and gift of unconditional love as they are forever remembered. We are temporarily separated for only a short while. The gold cord that connects us through time and space can never be broken. Amen."
Attached Images

LilRedCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LilRedCorvette For This Useful Post: