Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 8,653 Times in 2,907 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfontaine View Post
You are no fan of social media - yet you have over 8000 posts on here??? WTF do you think this place is??
This place is about as far from Social Media as you can get without being offline. Most people know each other here and have met in person. It's a hangout for a group who have known each other for years. Think I'm wrong? Check out the other sections here for activity and see how many people are online at one time (on average).

Comparing this to mainstream social media is like comparing Golden Corral to Ruth's Chris.

And yeah...I have 8000 posts. Over a period of 8 years. I have exactly TWO posts on my Facebook page in the last year. I don't have an account on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest or any of those other electronic timewasters. The only reason I keep my Facebook account open is on the remote chance that someone who I'd like to communicate with finds me there (which actually happened just recently with a cousin whom I'd lost contact with).

I never post thoughts, opinions or rants on there and if I want to message someone, it's always via a private message.

So not exactly using a lot of bandwidth on the internet.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote