Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes View Post
No trolling...was a serious Q that I still don't have a legit answer for.

I'm not kicked out of anywhere, and it's not about CF or VB...I just used VB as the example as what I was asking.

Hoping @Y2Kvert4me ; or someone with moderate intelligence will answer or at least PM.
Shit works like this:

When you join. post, visit this site, yeah I do see an IP address. If you're on a typical landline ISP, I can usually approximate your (city) location from it.
If you're on a cellphone, I can see that and will know your mobile provider, however I won't be able to determine your location, and that IP# will probably match everyone else here that uses that same mobile carrier.
If you use a VPN, I can tell that too, but again, any location data is irrelevant, as I understand you could be anywhere in the world.

Point being, an IP address can sometimes be very useful information to me...But just as often, it is meaningless. Takes me but a second or two to determine which applies.

So if using a VPN, no I won't be privy to your actual (ISP) IP address. and for the purpose of hiding, you might actually achieve incognito success IF you manage to only visit here while connected to that VPN 100% of the time.
But understand 99.9% is the failing mark in this particular test. If you pop in here just once after forgetting to connect to that VPN, well then I will have your "real" IP logged, and all your efforts to obfuscate it accomplished exactly nothing.

Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Y2Kvert4me For This Useful Post: